- Qualifications: “Hogere Technische School” (The Netherlands) majoring in Aeronautical Engineering, BE (Aero).
- Research: Ship propulsion cavitation; Vibration of rotary wings (helicopters); Aerodynamically induced vibration; Agricultural machinery design and development.
- Maintenance: Dutch Royal Air Force: aircraft maintenance; Kernohan Engineering: pneumatics.
- Design: Philips Semiconductors as an equipment engineering; Fokker Aircraft Industries in aircraft design.
- Maintenance consultancy services: Applied Maintenance Technology Ltd (1991-present)
And if there is any time left: Spending time with my family, neighbours and friends; Reverting many acres of wasteland back to native bush; Looking after my 60,000+ pet honey bees and wee dog Rookie; Shooting the odd goat, pig, rabbit and possum, Star watching with the 16” Dobsonian telescope; Sailing the Hobie 16 catamaran; Remote control “drone” flying using video goggles; Off-grid solar power production; Designing our Earth Sheltered home (just to name a few).
- Qualifications: “Hogere Zeevaartschool” Flushing,The Netherlands Ships Engineering major (BSc)
- Maritime Officer Engineer Nedlloyd Lines and Winterport Chemical Tankers
- Chief Engineer operations DEMKOLEC IGCC (Integrated Gasification Combined Cycle), Buggenum, The Netherlands.
- Various industries courses including Level I Infrared Thermography
- Working director at Applied Maintenance Technology Ltd since 1998. Serviced countless national and international clients mainly in the heavy industries; wood processing, chemical, marine and power generation.
Interests outside work; outdoors pursuits like tramping, fishing (fly, spinning, long-line, river and sea), hunting, scuba diving, stargazing, etc. And …old french cars (left eye twitches).